FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a small helicopter made a hard landing on a downtown street in a Florida city, snapping its tail off.
The Fort Lauderdale Fire Department posted on Twitter that the two-person aircraft broke its tail off when it slammed down Wednesday afternoon in the city.
No injuries were reported to the two people on board or anyone on the ground. Police blocked off the street to traffic.
It wasn’t immediately known where the helicopter was going or what forced it to land so abruptly.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- Amid Trump’s crackdown, thousands of asylum-seekers on the border are giving up
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH