FORT LAUDERDALE, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a small helicopter made a hard landing on a downtown street in a Florida city, snapping its tail off.
The Fort Lauderdale Fire Department posted on Twitter that the two-person aircraft broke its tail off when it slammed down Wednesday afternoon in the city.
No injuries were reported to the two people on board or anyone on the ground. Police blocked off the street to traffic.
It wasn’t immediately known where the helicopter was going or what forced it to land so abruptly.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- Couple killed in crash driving to their wedding
- CNN drops suit against White House after Jim Acosta's press pass is fully restored