CAHOKIA, Ill. (AP) — Two people are being treated for minor injuries after a helicopter crashed at an Illinois airport near St. Louis.
The accident happened around 11:30 a.m. Monday at the St. Louis Downtown Airport. Despite its name, the airport is in Cahokia, Illinois, just across the Mississippi River from St. Louis.
Authorities say an instructor and student were on the helicopter. Both were taken to a hospital for what officials described as minor injuries.
The cause of the crash is not known. The Federal Aviation Administration has been notified.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- A single word sparks a crossfire between the Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- Reporter is hit by car on air, striking a nerve with TV journalists
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Last straw: Fed-up Arizona Democrats censure Sen. Sinema