TULSA, Okla. (AP) — Heavy rain is forecast across parts of the central United States and the National Weather Service says there is a threat of flooding.
The weather service issued a flood watch Monday that will continue through Thursday night for northeast Oklahoma, northwest Arkansas, southern Missouri and southern Illinois.
The weather service says rainfall totals of 2 to 4 inches are expected with locally heavier amounts of 5 to 6 inches, particularly in Oklahoma and Arkansas.
Flash flooding will also be possible along streams, creeks and in low-lying areas.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 'I didn't really learn anything': COVID grads face college
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- Simmering threat of violence comes to fore with search of Trump property
- WSU police chief, 2 others retire after internal investigation
- If Trump illegally removed official records, would he be barred from office?