CHICAGO (AP) — The suburban Chicago girl who received a heart transplant after dancing her way into a meeting with Drake says she’s feeling great.
Sofia Sanchez met with reporters on Thursday , three-and-a-half weeks after she received a new heart during a nine-hour operation at Lurie Children’s Hospital. The 11-year-old says her new heart “feels different, but in a good way.”
Last month, the Canadian rapper surprised Sofia with a visit after seeing a video of her dancing in a hospital hallway to one of his songs while tethered to her IV pump. That was a week before her surgery.
Sofia says Drake’s advice to stay strong and keep fighting has helped her through some tough times.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Scary statistic: 90.5 percent of world's plastic is not recycled
- Judge delays Flynn sentencing, 'not hiding disgust' at crime WATCH
- A Paradise fire cleanup crew joked about ruins and a charred cat. Then the town found out.
- 'Republicans will never stop': Obama rips GOP after Affordable Care Act is ruled unconstitutional
- Retired Army general set to be tried on charges of abusing daughter
A heart surgeon calls Sofia a star patient and says her recovery is going quite well.