CHICAGO (AP) — The suburban Chicago girl who received a heart transplant after dancing her way into a meeting with Drake says she’s feeling great.
Sofia Sanchez met with reporters on Thursday , three-and-a-half weeks after she received a new heart during a nine-hour operation at Lurie Children’s Hospital. The 11-year-old says her new heart “feels different, but in a good way.”
Last month, the Canadian rapper surprised Sofia with a visit after seeing a video of her dancing in a hospital hallway to one of his songs while tethered to her IV pump. That was a week before her surgery.
Sofia says Drake’s advice to stay strong and keep fighting has helped her through some tough times.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Serial killer who took 10 women's lives executed in Florida
- 3 dead, state capital battered as storms rake Missouri VIEW
- Officials fighting U.S. measles outbreaks threaten to use rare air-travel ban
- Trump, Pelosi trade insults as their feud heats up VIEW
- Sherpa climbs Everest twice in a week, breaks his record with his 24th ascent
A heart surgeon calls Sofia a star patient and says her recovery is going quite well.