WEST CHESTER, Pa. (AP) — A preliminary hearing for a Pennsylvania man charged with fatally shooting an 18-year-old woman during a road rage encounter has been postponed.
Tuesday’s hearing for 28-year-old David Desper, of Trainer, was postponed at his attorney’s request until Aug. 17.
Police say Desper and Bianca Roberson were engaged in a high-speed “cat-and-mouse game” as both tried to merge into a single highway lane before Desper allegedly shot Roberson in the head and drove off June 28. Her car crashed into a tree. Desper surrendered to police a few days later.
Chester County prosecutors didn’t opposed the postponement. Defense attorney Daniel McGarrigle refused to discuss it.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Kavanaugh gave private assurances. Collins says he ‘misled’ her
- Biden signs landmark gun measure, says 'lives will be saved'
- The man most responsible for ending Roe worries that it could hurt his party
- To catch a snake: Largest python found in Everglades signals a threat
- Thousands of Seattle protesters gather downtown after Supreme Court reverses Roe v. Wade