HILO, Hawaii (AP) — After being flown to Oahu with chest pains, Hawaii County Mayor Harry Kim has checked out of the hospital and planned to return home to the Big Island on Sunday.
The Hawaii Tribune-Herald reports that Kim was discharged Friday evening after undergoing procedures. He stayed in Honolulu with his wife over the weekend.
Kim drove himself to the Hilo Medical Center Thursday morning after experiencing the pain while exercising at his home. He was then flown to The Queen’s Medical Center.
Kim has had three previous heart attacks and underwent quadruple bypass surgery in 2008.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Officials warn of misleading COVID rapid test results: Sick but 'negative'
- Trump is rushing to hire seasoned lawyers. But he keeps hearing 'No.'
- Pence tells GOP to stop lashing out at FBI over Trump search
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- The coming California megastorm
County Managing Director Wil Okabe has been serving as acting mayor in Kim’s stead.
Information from: Hawaii Tribune-Herald, http://www.hawaiitribune-herald.com/