Goodwill stores have an anti-Valentine's Day antidote: They're asking people to donate their ex's stuff with a "don't hate, donate" campaign.
SARASOTA, Fla. — Is a breakup bringing you heartache for Valentine’s Day?
Goodwill stores in the Sarasota and Las Vegas areas have an anti-Valentine’s Day antidote that could easily be applied in the Northwest or anywhere in the country. They’re asking people to donate their ex’s stuff with a “don’t hate, donate” campaign.
In a news release, Goodwill Manasota Foundation Vice President Veronica Brandon Miller says the agency is “having a little fun at the expense of Valentine’s Day.” But she notes that breakups are never easy and that it is important to “get rid of the items that keep exes stuck in the past.”
She says Valentine’s Day is a good time to start fresh.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Why you should almost always wash your clothes in cold water
- White House denounces Trump's idea of suspending Constitution over 2020 election
- When visiting Michelangelo’s David, she brings a duster
- Two Trump-appointed judges rebuke a third for bending the law in his favor
So, start cleaning those closets.