HARTFORD, Conn. (AP) — Hartford police are offering gift cards of up to $400 to city residents who turn in firearms this weekend.
Police officials are running another gun buyback program on Saturday in the city’s South End in an effort to prevent gun violence. A collection in July netted a record 207 firearms.
Police are offering gift cards of $400 for assault rifles, $250 for semi-automatic handguns, $150 for revolvers and $100 for shotguns and rifles. The event is limited to city residents and firearms that are operational. Gun dealers won’t be allowed in.
The buyback is sponsored by police, city government, health care organizations and other groups.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Author Salman Rushdie stabbed on lecture stage in New York
- A child abductee's journey back
- FBI seized top secret documents in Trump estate search
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events