BISMARCK, N.D. (AP) — Students from Hankinson and Oakes took top honors in this year’s National Archery in the Schools Program state tournament.
The North Dakota Game and Fish Department reports that Oakes claimed top honors in the elementary and middle school divisions, and Hankinson won the high school division.
Overall individual winners were Cheyne Meyer of Hankinson and Gracie Gunderson of Medina.
A record 750 archers registered to compete in the tournament in Minot in late March, though only 600 made it to the event due to a snowstorm. Winning teams and the top 10 individuals qualify for the national tournament in May in Louisville, Kentucky.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- Sailor in iconic V-J Day Times Square kiss photo dies at 95