BOSTON (AP) — A large insurance company is moving residences in Boston.
The Boston Globe reports John Hancock Financial Services is returning to the Back Bay neighborhood after more than a decade-long hiatus.
The company was one of the first corporate tenants in the Seaport area back in 2004. Now Hancock will shift 1,100 workers to 200 Berkeley St. (known as the Old John Hancock Building), and 197 Clarendon St. by the end of 2018.
The decision was announced to employees in a memo on Tuesday, with a note that the real estate choice will not include cuts in the workforce.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dog that survived California wildfire and guarded home for weeks is reunited with owner WATCH
- Yukon trapper shoots attacking grizzly — then finds his family already mauled to death
- Michelle Obama lights up Internet with frank criticism of Facebook exec's 'lean in' mantra
- Pence aide out of running to be Trump's next chief of staff VIEW
- Drug firm can’t keep up with demand for shingles vaccine
Information from: The Boston Globe, http://www.bostonglobe.com