TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — A Tucson hair stylist accused of stealing more than $300,000 from a 94-year-old woman with dementia has been sentenced to 6 ½ years in prison.
State prosecutors say a judge also ordered Supranom “Addy” Klos to pay full restitution to the victim.
They say Klos was the victim’s hair stylist and cultivated a friendship with the woman and her husband more than 20 years ago.
Prosecutors say the victim’s husband died in 2011 and Klos was given power of attorney.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- 6 drastic plans Trump is already promising for a second term
- The coming California megastorm
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Starting in 2014, prosecutors say Klos began depleting the victim’s account through gambling and buying luxury items for herself including a new car and dental implants.
Last December, Klos was convicted of fraudulent schemes, theft, fraudulent use of a credit cards and unlawful use of power of attorney.