WESTFIELD, N.J. (AP) — A former gymnastics instructor already in jail in Boston awaiting trial on a charge of child rape has been accused of sexually assaulting a 7-year-old student at a New Jersey gym.
The Union County Prosecutor’s Office says 34-year-old Jorge Rodriguez assaulted the child over the course of six months at the Surgent’s Elite School of Gymnastics location in Westfield. He is charged with second-degree sexual assault and second-degree endangering the welfare of a child.
NJ.com reports that Rodriguez also worked at the company’s gymnastics schools in Garwood and Roselle Park.
The owner of the company could not be reached for comment.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Trump says FBI searched estate in major escalation of probe
- Trump did flush ripped-up papers down toilets, photos in upcoming book reveal
- Forest Service ‘legend’ among the four killed in McKinney fire
- How the Inflation Reduction Act might impact you — and change the U.S.
Rodriguez is scheduled to face trial in Boston in May. No court appearance in New Jersey has been scheduled.
No attorney information is available.