NEW YORK (AP) — A restaurant run by television star and celebrity chef Guy Fieri in the heart of New York City’s Times Square has shut its doors for good.
The restaurant, Guy’s American Kitchen & Bar, served its last public meal Saturday. Restaurant officials held a private dinner event on New Year’s Eve for its last night of operation.
The restaurant opened in 2012, where it was greeted with a no-star review from The New York Times’ restaurant critic.
Fieri said in a statement that he was proud of the restaurant serving millions of patrons for over five years, and did not give a reason for its closure.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- India orders 'staggering' eviction of 1 million indigenous people
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
The restaurant was part of the Blue Stein Group, a New York collection of restaurants that includes the Heartland Brewery chain.