NEW YORK (AP) — A restaurant run by television star and celebrity chef Guy Fieri in the heart of New York City’s Times Square has shut its doors for good.
The restaurant, Guy’s American Kitchen & Bar, served its last public meal Saturday. Restaurant officials held a private dinner event on New Year’s Eve for its last night of operation.
The restaurant opened in 2012, where it was greeted with a no-star review from The New York Times’ restaurant critic.
Fieri said in a statement that he was proud of the restaurant serving millions of patrons for over five years, and did not give a reason for its closure.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Turkey: 'Atrocious' recording suggests killer used drugs VIEW
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
- A reader's guide to 12 Trump administration targets House Democrats are preparing to investigate
- Utility emailed Northern California woman about power-line problems 1 day before fire
The restaurant was part of the Blue Stein Group, a New York collection of restaurants that includes the Heartland Brewery chain.