NEW YORK (AP) — A restaurant run by television star and celebrity chef Guy Fieri in the heart of New York City’s Times Square has shut its doors for good.
The restaurant, Guy’s American Kitchen & Bar, served its last public meal Saturday. Restaurant officials held a private dinner event on New Year’s Eve for its last night of operation.
The restaurant opened in 2012, where it was greeted with a no-star review from The New York Times’ restaurant critic.
Fieri said in a statement that he was proud of the restaurant serving millions of patrons for over five years, and did not give a reason for its closure.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- She moved to the opposite coast, but past catches up to Kavanaugh accuser
- Patti Davis: Why I don't recall all the details of my sexual assault
- Debunking 5 viral rumors about Christine Blasey Ford, Kavanaugh’s accuser
- 3 babies, 2 adults stabbed at home that police suspect was a ‘birth tourism’ site
- Mormons to stay outdoors after split with Boy Scouts
The restaurant was part of the Blue Stein Group, a New York collection of restaurants that includes the Heartland Brewery chain.