MEXICO CITY (AP) — Mexican officials say gunmen targeted a man at a restaurant on one of Acapulco’s most popular beaches, killing the customer and wounding two other people.
Guerrero state security spokesman Roberto Alvarez Heredia says the attackers stopped in a car outside the restaurant and fired at a man inside, killing him instantly Friday. The spokesman did not identify the dead man. He says the wounded were a 20-year-old woman and a 28-year-old man from Mexico City.
The attack happened on Caletilla beach, one of the places most frequented by tourists in the Pacific resort city, which is one of the most violent regions in the country.
Elsewhere in Mexico, gunmen killed five men who lived on the same street in the town of Pontebello, in central Guanajuato state.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump said he thinks 'the people would revolt' if he were impeached
- What happens when 25,000 Amazon workers flush toilets?
- 'Dirty deeds': Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen gets 3 years in prison
- Trump threatens shutdown in wild encounter with Democrats WATCH
- Pelosi gives Trump an earful, questions 'manhood' in private WATCH