QUETTA, Pakistan (AP) — Pakistani police say gunmen have ambushed a navy vehicle, killing two navy men and wounding three others in the southwestern coastal town of Jiwani.
Police official Abdul Hakim says the attackers opened fire on the vehicle late Monday before fleeing the scene.
Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif condemned the attack in Baluchistan province. The province, which borders Iran and Afghanistan, is home to a low-level separatist insurgency and has also seen attacks by Islamic extremists.
No one immediately claimed Monday’s attack.
Most Read Stories
- It looked ugly on TV, but Doug Baldwin’s uncontrolled emotion helped Seahawks beat Giants
- ICE agents arrest man inside Oregon house without warrant
- Instant analysis: Three thoughts from the Seahawks' romp over the Giants at MetLife Stadium
- I-5’s Uncle Sam billboard: 50 years and still ticked off near Chehalis
- Bicyclist sues King County after accident left him quadriplegic