DALLAS (AP) — A Dallas woman has been killed and her sister wounded after police say they were shot by a gunman in a car while they were inside their second-floor apartment.
Police say the 18-year-old woman and her 16-year-old sister heard a disturbance outside their home Saturday afternoon and when they went to a window to look they were shot.
Nequacia Jacobs was pronounced dead at a hospital. Her sister is in serious condition but is expected to survive.
Police are looking for the gunman who was described as inside a white car with tinted windows and black wheels.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- US downs Chinese balloon, drawing a threat from China
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Metal detector hobbyist finds a 500-year-old pendant linked to Henry VIII
- Florida athletes could be required to submit their menstrual history to schools
- Sorry, not sorry: Some 1/6 rioters change tune after apology