DALLAS (AP) — A Dallas woman has been killed and her sister wounded after police say they were shot by a gunman in a car while they were inside their second-floor apartment.
Police say the 18-year-old woman and her 16-year-old sister heard a disturbance outside their home Saturday afternoon and when they went to a window to look they were shot.
Nequacia Jacobs was pronounced dead at a hospital. Her sister is in serious condition but is expected to survive.
Police are looking for the gunman who was described as inside a white car with tinted windows and black wheels.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'
- US charges Belarus with air piracy in reporter's arrest
- Much of nation isn't active enough — but WA residents are exception, CDC says