WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. (AP) — New York’s Westchester County executive has signed legislation banning gun shows on county-owned property.
On Monday, Democrat George Latimer signed legislation passed by the county’s Board of Legislators.
Latimer says the county should not be in the business of advancing the sale of weapons and other items offered at gun shows.
Latimer signed an executive order on the ban in January. His office says the new action makes it a law, so a future administration could not revoke it.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Todd Bol, founder of Little Free Library book sharing, dies
- Audio offers gruesome details of Khashoggi killing, Turkish official says
- As NASA's prized telescopes falter, astronomers fear losing their eyes in space
- Texas' O'Rourke tells national audience he'd impeach Trump VIEW