WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. (AP) — New York’s Westchester County executive has signed legislation banning gun shows on county-owned property.
On Monday, Democrat George Latimer signed legislation passed by the county’s Board of Legislators.
Latimer says the county should not be in the business of advancing the sale of weapons and other items offered at gun shows.
Latimer signed an executive order on the ban in January. His office says the new action makes it a law, so a future administration could not revoke it.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- USS Arizona Memorial at Pearl Harbor closed indefinitely
- A wolflike creature was stalking livestock in Montana. Authorities have no idea what it is.
- Sheriff: High school athletes tried to rape teen with mop
- Man arrested after driver rams into 3 on Oregon sidewalk VIEW
- Inside a semitruck in Nebraska, troopers found enough fentanyl to kill 26 million people