WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. (AP) — New York’s Westchester County executive has signed legislation banning gun shows on county-owned property.
On Monday, Democrat George Latimer signed legislation passed by the county’s Board of Legislators.
Latimer says the county should not be in the business of advancing the sale of weapons and other items offered at gun shows.
Latimer signed an executive order on the ban in January. His office says the new action makes it a law, so a future administration could not revoke it.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Fuller picture emerges of viral video encounter between Native American and Catholic students
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW
- Democrats reject, conservatives deride Trump's 'non-starter' of a border wall deal
- 'Sister Wives' family makes home in inclusive Arizona city
- 2-for-1: Total lunar eclipse comes with supermoon bonus VIEW