WHITE PLAINS, N.Y. (AP) — New York’s Westchester County executive has signed legislation banning gun shows on county-owned property.
On Monday, Democrat George Latimer signed legislation passed by the county’s Board of Legislators.
Latimer says the county should not be in the business of advancing the sale of weapons and other items offered at gun shows.
Latimer signed an executive order on the ban in January. His office says the new action makes it a law, so a future administration could not revoke it.
Most Read Stories
- ‘Suddenly there is a Confederate flag flying’ in Seattle’s Greenwood area – well, not quite
- Meteorologists expect up to an inch of snow Friday in Seattle as cold-weather records fall
- Boomtown Seattle: Why we move here — and how we’re all in it together VIEW
- Enemy World War II fighter pilots told a tale of peril and reconciliation. Then there was the truth. | PNW Magazine VIEW
- Snow blankets Puget Sound region, snarls morning commutes, delays schools VIEW