TAYLOR, Mich. (AP) — A Detroit gun rights advocacy group plans to provide free firearm shooting lessons to 800 women.
Legally Armed in Detroit is holding the annual event May 20 at the Top Gun Shooting Sports gun range in Taylor, southwest of Detroit.
The event is for women interested in learning more about firearms and personal protection. Participants will take part in a safety briefing and have use of a firearm and ammunition. No prior firearms training or experience is required for the lessons.
Firearms trainer Rick Ector says 50 women attended the initial training lesson seven years ago. Last year, nearly 600 women took part.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Democrats reject, conservatives deride Trump's 'non-starter' of a border wall deal
- Students in 'MAGA' hats mock Native American after rally VIEW
- The man who stood behind Trump VIEW
- As Democrats vow to investigate Trump, Mueller's office issues rare statement rebuking Cohen report
- 'Sister Wives' family makes home in inclusive Arizona city
To register, visit: https://www.facebook.com/events/334945773576906/