TAYLOR, Mich. (AP) — A Detroit gun rights advocacy group plans to provide free firearm shooting lessons to 800 women.
Legally Armed in Detroit is holding the annual event May 20 at the Top Gun Shooting Sports gun range in Taylor, southwest of Detroit.
The event is for women interested in learning more about firearms and personal protection. Participants will take part in a safety briefing and have use of a firearm and ammunition. No prior firearms training or experience is required for the lessons.
Firearms trainer Rick Ector says 50 women attended the initial training lesson seven years ago. Last year, nearly 600 women took part.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Florida marks milestone in Everglades python control program VIEW
- Judge orders Vancouver, Wash., teen to start paying off $37M for starting Columbia Gorge wildfire
- Police say reported abduction was hoax
- Parents go to court to boot 30-year-old son from home
- The princes, the president and the fortune seekers
To register, visit: https://www.facebook.com/events/334945773576906/