TAYLOR, Mich. (AP) — A Detroit gun rights advocacy group plans to provide free firearm shooting lessons to 800 women.
Legally Armed in Detroit is holding the annual event May 20 at the Top Gun Shooting Sports gun range in Taylor, southwest of Detroit.
The event is for women interested in learning more about firearms and personal protection. Participants will take part in a safety briefing and have use of a firearm and ammunition. No prior firearms training or experience is required for the lessons.
Firearms trainer Rick Ector says 50 women attended the initial training lesson seven years ago. Last year, nearly 600 women took part.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Mueller said ready to deliver key findings in his Trump probe
- America's most famous pimp, poised for elected office, dies
- Audio offers gruesome details of Khashoggi killing, Turkish official says
- Collins' husband: Ricin threat mentioned Kavanaugh vote
To register, visit: https://www.facebook.com/events/334945773576906/