TAYLOR, Mich. (AP) — A Detroit gun rights advocacy group plans to provide free firearm shooting lessons to 800 women.
Legally Armed in Detroit is holding the annual event May 20 at the Top Gun Shooting Sports gun range in Taylor, southwest of Detroit.
The event is for women interested in learning more about firearms and personal protection. Participants will take part in a safety briefing and have use of a firearm and ammunition. No prior firearms training or experience is required for the lessons.
Firearms trainer Rick Ector says 50 women attended the initial training lesson seven years ago. Last year, nearly 600 women took part.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Taco Bell loses $42 million Chihuahua ruling
- No private jets, no big house: Jimmy Carter an outlier among ex-presidents VIEW
- If you think the political divide is worse than ever, you may be right
- Garbage from Washington state's booming pot industry clogs gutters, sewers and landfills
- British Columbia declares state of emergency over wildfires
To register, visit: https://www.facebook.com/events/334945773576906/