MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — A security guard was critically injured in a shooting during a bank robbery that police say is connected to another one days prior.
The Commercial Appeal reports that the guard was shot Monday afternoon at a First Tennessee Bank branch in Memphis. Memphis police said one of the suspects who took money is the same man who fled after an employee hit a panic alarm during an attempted robbery at another First Tennessee Bank branch on Saturday.
Police initially said they were looking for three suspects in connection with the Monday robbery, but police spokesman Louis C. Brownlee later said there were just two suspects.
Memphis police Col. Mickey Williams says the security guard underwent surgery and police recovered evidence near the branch.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Federal judge in Texas rules Obama health-care law unconstitutional
- Interior Secretary Zinke resigns amid investigations
- The iconic U.S. company raising the stature of corrupt governments around the world
- Mounting legal threats surround Trump as nearly every organization he has led is under investigation
- George Conway calls Trump a liar after Kellyanne Conway defends president on TV
Information from: The Commercial Appeal, http://www.commercialappeal.com