MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — A security guard was critically injured in a shooting during a bank robbery that police say is connected to another one days prior.
The Commercial Appeal reports that the guard was shot Monday afternoon at a First Tennessee Bank branch in Memphis. Memphis police said one of the suspects who took money is the same man who fled after an employee hit a panic alarm during an attempted robbery at another First Tennessee Bank branch on Saturday.
Police initially said they were looking for three suspects in connection with the Monday robbery, but police spokesman Louis C. Brownlee later said there were just two suspects.
Memphis police Col. Mickey Williams says the security guard underwent surgery and police recovered evidence near the branch.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Trump administration eyes defining transgender out of existence
- This major discovery upends long-held theories about the Maya civilization
- Saudi government acknowledges Khashoggi was killed while visiting Saudi consulate
- Mega Millions jackpot hits $1.6B, thanks to worsening odds
Information from: The Commercial Appeal, http://www.commercialappeal.com