MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — A security guard was critically injured in a shooting during a bank robbery that police say is connected to another one days prior.
The Commercial Appeal reports that the guard was shot Monday afternoon at a First Tennessee Bank branch in Memphis. Memphis police said one of the suspects who took money is the same man who fled after an employee hit a panic alarm during an attempted robbery at another First Tennessee Bank branch on Saturday.
Police initially said they were looking for three suspects in connection with the Monday robbery, but police spokesman Louis C. Brownlee later said there were just two suspects.
Memphis police Col. Mickey Williams says the security guard underwent surgery and police recovered evidence near the branch.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Alec Baldwin wonders whether Trump's 'SNL' attack poses 'a threat to my safety'
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
Information from: The Commercial Appeal, http://www.commercialappeal.com