MEMPHIS, Tenn. (AP) — A security guard was critically injured in a shooting during a bank robbery that police say is connected to another one days prior.
The Commercial Appeal reports that the guard was shot Monday afternoon at a First Tennessee Bank branch in Memphis. Memphis police said one of the suspects who took money is the same man who fled after an employee hit a panic alarm during an attempted robbery at another First Tennessee Bank branch on Saturday.
Police initially said they were looking for three suspects in connection with the Monday robbery, but police spokesman Louis C. Brownlee later said there were just two suspects.
Memphis police Col. Mickey Williams says the security guard underwent surgery and police recovered evidence near the branch.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Sherpa climbs Everest twice in a week, breaks his record with his 24th ascent
- 'American Taliban' fighter to be released after 17 years VIEW
- Ex-partner of deceased skater Coughlin says she was abused
- Mnuchin says Tubman $20 bill design delayed past 2020
- Trump stalks out on Democrats, demands end of investigations VIEW
Information from: The Commercial Appeal, http://www.commercialappeal.com