NORTH SMITHFIELD, R.I. (AP) — Police in Rhode Island say a groom was arrested at his wedding reception for assaulting restaurant employees.
Court records showed Frank Redding pleaded no contest Monday to charges of simple assault and vandalism. He initially faced an additional charge of disorderly conduct, but that was dismissed.
Police say an argument with Redding’s family members escalated to include restaurant staff on Saturday in North Smithfield. Police say Redding was approached by a staff member because he’d been drinking alcohol that wasn’t sold by the facility.
Police say Redding chased the staff member back into the restaurant while threatening to kill him. They say he also assaulted other employees.
Most Read Stories
- Give to panhandlers or don’t? Some towns try cracking down
- Ex-Seahawk Marshawn Lynch watches Raiders game from the stands, rides BART train after being ejected
- Seattle startup co-founder Matt Bencke was ‘a force of nature’ | Obituary
- A chilly La Niña winter likely in Pacific Northwest, but don’t fret about drenching of last year
- Check out this new drone footage of the Bertha-dug Highway 99 tunnel WATCH
Under the plea agreement, Redding received a year of probation and a one-year suspended sentence, with six months to serve.