GRESHAM, Ore. (AP) — Gresham police are looking for a hit-and-run driver who fatally a struck a pedestrian.
Police spokesman John Rasmussen says the crash happened Sunday night near a fast-food restaurant on Northeast Burnside Road.
The victim, 60-year-old Dennis Yamnitsky, was able to speak paramedics despite suffering from head injuries and a possible broken leg. He later died at a hospital.
The suspect vehicle is described as an import sedan — gold or champagne in color.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Flamingo freezes on flight south, crashes onto Siberian road
- Americans, Canadians are warned not to eat romaine lettuce VIEW
- 'I believed we were going to die': An elevator in a Chicago skyscraper fell 84 floors, requiring a dramatic rescue of six people
- Anti-vaccination stronghold in North Carolina hit with state's worst chickenpox outbreak in 2 decades
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie