GRESHAM, Ore. (AP) — Gresham police are looking for a hit-and-run driver who fatally a struck a pedestrian.
Police spokesman John Rasmussen says the crash happened Sunday night near a fast-food restaurant on Northeast Burnside Road.
The victim, 60-year-old Dennis Yamnitsky, was able to speak paramedics despite suffering from head injuries and a possible broken leg. He later died at a hospital.
The suspect vehicle is described as an import sedan — gold or champagne in color.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Where you're most likely to catch COVID: New study highlights high-risk locations
- You had breakthrough COVID. Can you start living like it’s 2019?
- McConnell: Black people vote at similar rates to 'Americans'
- Much of nation isn't active enough — but WA residents are exception, CDC says
- US charges Belarus with air piracy in reporter's arrest