GREEN BAY, Wis. (AP) — Authorities in Green Bay confirm that a body recovered from the East River is that of a man who had been missing since December.
Ryan Riebe was 25 when he went missing Dec. 22 after leaving a drug store on a bicycle. Rescue crews responding to a report of a person who fell through the ice found shoe and bicycle tire prints on the ice, suggesting the person tried to cross the river but didn’t make it. Searchers couldn’t enter the river then due to currents and ice. Police found nothing on sonar.
The search resumed this month. Divers were getting ready to go into the water Thursday afternoon when they discovered a body with sonar.
The Brown County Medical Examiner’s Office confirmed Friday that it was Riebe’s body.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- What happens when 25,000 Amazon workers flush toilets?
- 5 things to watch this week in the Mueller probe
- 4 journalists and a newspaper are Time's Person of the Year
- Trump threatens shutdown in wild encounter with Democrats WATCH
- 'Truth isn't truth' tops list of notable quotes in 2018