THESSALONIKI, Greece (AP) — Police in the northern Greek city of Thessaloniki say they have arrested a man wanted in Britain on suspicion of running a large cocaine trafficking ring.
A police statement Monday said the suspect, Simon Dutton, 39, was arrested in a Thessaloniki hotel on a European arrest warrant.
He will be detained pending a Greek court decision on whether to extradite him to Britain.
Dutton is wanted there for alleged involvement in smuggling cocaine with a street value of about 1.6 million pounds ($2.4 million) from Spain to England. British police seized the shipment in 2009.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Northwest is in for a cold, stormy winter, NOAA predicts
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Cheney’s consultants are given an ultimatum: Drop her, or be dropped
- Pranksters have already defaced Trump's new social network
- ‘Needle spiking’ of women in Britain stirs alarm over new kind of assault