KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Tennessee communities of all sizes can now apply for grants to build or improve dog parks in their areas.
The Boyd Foundation says it is taking applications for a Dog Park Dash Grant of up to $25,000 to build or improve community dog parks. One community will win $100,000 for being the most actively engaged in making Tennessee the most pet-friendly state.
Over the next three years, the foundation will award $3 million in total grants for the building and enhancement of dog parks.
The deadline for this year’s application is June 20. Communities can apply at dogparkdash.com/apply .
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- US downs Chinese balloon, drawing a threat from China
- George Santos is accused of sexual harassment in his Capitol office
- Florida athletes could be required to submit their menstrual history to schools
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Metal detector hobbyist finds a 500-year-old pendant linked to Henry VIII