KNOXVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — Tennessee communities of all sizes can now apply for grants to build or improve dog parks in their areas.
The Boyd Foundation says it is taking applications for a Dog Park Dash Grant of up to $25,000 to build or improve community dog parks. One community will win $100,000 for being the most actively engaged in making Tennessee the most pet-friendly state.
Over the next three years, the foundation will award $3 million in total grants for the building and enhancement of dog parks.
The deadline for this year’s application is June 20. Communities can apply at dogparkdash.com/apply .
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- As nations decide to live with the virus, some disease experts warn of surrendering too soon
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- ‘It’s ugly out there’: Rail thefts leave LA tracks littered with pilfered packages
- Census memo cites ‘unprecedented’ meddling by Trump administration