PULASKI, Va. (AP) — A Virginia couple faces felony abuse and neglect charges stemming from their 5-year-old son’s death in a septic tank.
Multiple media outlets report that the Pulaski County grand jury indicted Paul Thomas and Ashley White on Tuesday. Each also faces a felony abuse and neglect charge related to the care of their infant daughter.
The couple is accused of leaving their son, Noah, and daughter, Abigail, home alone on March 22. The boy’s body was found in a septic tank near the family’s home in Dublin on March 26.
The medical examiner determined that the boy drowned and that hypothermia contributed to his death.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- CDC reverses itself, says new guidelines on coronavirus transmission were posted in error
- Trump Supporters Disrupt Early Voting in Virginia
- ‘We May Be Surprised Again’: An Unpredictable Pandemic Takes a Terrible Toll
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Sen. Lisa Murkowski says she doesn't support filling Justice Ruth Bader Ginsburg's seat before the election
The couple remains in jail without bond.