PULASKI, Va. (AP) — A Virginia couple faces felony abuse and neglect charges stemming from their 5-year-old son’s death in a septic tank.
Multiple media outlets report that the Pulaski County grand jury indicted Paul Thomas and Ashley White on Tuesday. Each also faces a felony abuse and neglect charge related to the care of their infant daughter.
The couple is accused of leaving their son, Noah, and daughter, Abigail, home alone on March 22. The boy’s body was found in a septic tank near the family’s home in Dublin on March 26.
The medical examiner determined that the boy drowned and that hypothermia contributed to his death.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Joe Manchin's machinations reach a crescendo as he distances himself from his party while cutting deals on its agenda — all in public view
- In Idaho, 49th in U.S. COVID vaccination, one county stands out as success story
- Alec Baldwin berates daughter, 11
- Some fast-food items contain chemicals linked to serious health problems, study shows
- Men shot by Kyle Rittenhouse can be called 'rioters' and 'looters' but not 'victims,' judge rules
The couple remains in jail without bond.