PULASKI, Va. (AP) — A Virginia couple faces felony abuse and neglect charges stemming from their 5-year-old son’s death in a septic tank.
Multiple media outlets report that the Pulaski County grand jury indicted Paul Thomas and Ashley White on Tuesday. Each also faces a felony abuse and neglect charge related to the care of their infant daughter.
The couple is accused of leaving their son, Noah, and daughter, Abigail, home alone on March 22. The boy’s body was found in a septic tank near the family’s home in Dublin on March 26.
The medical examiner determined that the boy drowned and that hypothermia contributed to his death.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Cheney criticizes Trump's attempt to brand 2020 election 'the Big Lie,' sparking new calls for her to leave leadership
- Florida middle school killer dies in prison at 31
- A teenager mistakenly moved into a senior living complex. TikTok loves it.
- Affluent Americans rush to retire in new 'life-is-short' mindset
- Photo of Chauvin juror wearing BLM T-shirt at march raises questions of impartiality, experts say
The couple remains in jail without bond.