PULASKI, Va. (AP) — A Virginia couple faces felony abuse and neglect charges stemming from their 5-year-old son’s death in a septic tank.
Multiple media outlets report that the Pulaski County grand jury indicted Paul Thomas and Ashley White on Tuesday. Each also faces a felony abuse and neglect charge related to the care of their infant daughter.
The couple is accused of leaving their son, Noah, and daughter, Abigail, home alone on March 22. The boy’s body was found in a septic tank near the family’s home in Dublin on March 26.
The medical examiner determined that the boy drowned and that hypothermia contributed to his death.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- FBI warned of large-scale nationwide protests by Trump supporters, but they fail to materialize
- Man lived inside Chicago's O’Hare airport for 3 months before detection, prosecutors say
- Trump prepares to offer clemency to more than 100 people in final hours in office
- Biden expected to cancel Keystone XL pipeline permit on first day
- Fauci says federal approval of Johnson & Johnson, AstraZeneca COVID-19 vaccines is ‘weeks away’
The couple remains in jail without bond.