PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — A grand jury has declined to indict a Providence man who had been charged with fatally stabbing his sister’s ex-boyfriend.
The attorney general’s office announced Tuesday that the grand jury declined to indict 28-year-old Judex Maldonado in the Nov. 10 stabbing death of Charles Martinez.
Police say the 32-year-old Martinez showed up at his ex-girlfriend’s home, and she called Maldonado.
Police say a fight ensued and Martinez was stabbed multiple times. Maldonado stayed at the scene and surrendered to police.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor WATCH
- Trump says 'hard to imagine' Kavanaugh guilty of allegation WATCH
- Who is Christine Blasey Ford, the accuser of court nominee Kavanaugh?
- A surgeon, who was a 'Bachelor of the Year' and reality TV-show date, is accused of drugging, raping women
- Nearly half of cellphone calls will be scams by 2019, report says
Maldonado had been held without bail on a murder charge since his arraignment in November.
The attorney’s general’s office did not say why the grand jury declined to indict.