PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — A grand jury has declined to indict a Providence man who had been charged with fatally stabbing his sister’s ex-boyfriend.
The attorney general’s office announced Tuesday that the grand jury declined to indict 28-year-old Judex Maldonado in the Nov. 10 stabbing death of Charles Martinez.
Police say the 32-year-old Martinez showed up at his ex-girlfriend’s home, and she called Maldonado.
Police say a fight ensued and Martinez was stabbed multiple times. Maldonado stayed at the scene and surrendered to police.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- France strikes back against Trump, emphasizing a lack of 'common decency'
- California fire has claimed 63 as missing list grows to 631 WATCH
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
Maldonado had been held without bail on a murder charge since his arraignment in November.
The attorney’s general’s office did not say why the grand jury declined to indict.