PROVIDENCE, R.I. (AP) — A grand jury has declined to indict a Providence man who had been charged with fatally stabbing his sister’s ex-boyfriend.
The attorney general’s office announced Tuesday that the grand jury declined to indict 28-year-old Judex Maldonado in the Nov. 10 stabbing death of Charles Martinez.
Police say the 32-year-old Martinez showed up at his ex-girlfriend’s home, and she called Maldonado.
Police say a fight ensued and Martinez was stabbed multiple times. Maldonado stayed at the scene and surrendered to police.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump grounds Pelosi after she imperils his big speech WATCH
- Before Harts plunged off cliff, strain dogged Washington state family
- Democrats demand investigation after report that Trump ordered Michael Cohen to lie to Congress
- Commuter knits a ‘rail delay scarf.’ It fetches $8,650 on eBay.
- Less beef, more beans: Experts say world needs a new diet
Maldonado had been held without bail on a murder charge since his arraignment in November.
The attorney’s general’s office did not say why the grand jury declined to indict.