GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (AP) — The city of Grand Junction has selected a new director for its tourism and marketing department.
The Daily Sentinel reports Grand Junction City Manager Greg Caton announced Tuesday that Elizabeth Fogarty will lead Visit Grand Junction and is set beginning in her new role in March 5.
Fogarty is coming to department after leading Visit Estes Park for three and a half years.
Under that time, the department has won awards and transformed the town’s image from a seasonal destination to a year-round draw.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- Sailor in iconic V-J Day Times Square kiss photo dies at 95
The 48-year-old will replace Debbie Kovalik, who has served as director since the department’s inception in 1990.
Kovalik will retire in February.
Information from: The Daily Sentinel, http://www.gjsentinel.com