GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (AP) — The city of Grand Junction has selected a new director for its tourism and marketing department.
The Daily Sentinel reports Grand Junction City Manager Greg Caton announced Tuesday that Elizabeth Fogarty will lead Visit Grand Junction and is set beginning in her new role in March 5.
Fogarty is coming to department after leading Visit Estes Park for three and a half years.
Under that time, the department has won awards and transformed the town’s image from a seasonal destination to a year-round draw.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Oregon wheat farmers try to stop fire that's consuming crops VIEW
- As president-elect, Trump was shown classified evidence of Putin’s hand in 2016 meddling
- ‘You’re a daredevil girl!’ U.S. details Russian woman’s quest to sway NRA, GOP to do Moscow’s bidding
- Sheriff: 11 people dead after Missouri tourist boat accident
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
The 48-year-old will replace Debbie Kovalik, who has served as director since the department’s inception in 1990.
Kovalik will retire in February.
Information from: The Daily Sentinel, http://www.gjsentinel.com