GRAND ISLAND, Neb. (AP) — A 30-year-old Grand Island man has been sentenced to prison for first-degree sexual assault.
The Independent reports Cesar Rafael was sentenced Thursday to 18 months to six years in prison for having sex with a woman in April 2016 while the woman was too intoxicated to consent.
Rafael had maintained the sex was consensual, but a judge said Thursday that the evidence showed beyond a reasonable doubt that the victim was passed out or intoxicated to a point “where a reasonable person would find her to be obviously incapable of rational conversation.”
Rafael had been found guilty of the crime in June.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Author Salman Rushdie stabbed on lecture stage in New York
- A child abductee's journey back
- FBI seized top secret documents in Trump estate search
- Anne Heche, TV, film and stage actor, dies at 53 from injuries sustained in L.A. car crash
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
Information from: The Grand Island Independent, http://www.theindependent.com