HASTINGS, Neb. (AP) — Hastings College has received a donation of $8.5 million — its largest to date.
The Hastings Tribune reported Friday that the endowment legacy gift was made by Kim and Tom Dinsdale, of Grand Island, in honor of their late son, Jackson.
The estate gift is designed to support all facets of the educational experience, as well as the Jackson Dinsdale Art Center and its related programming.
Jackson West Dinsdale was completing a major in studio art at Hastings College when he died May 3, 2014, of an accident.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- The fabulously wealthy are fueling a booming luxury ranch market out West
- In America's fastest-growing metro, a rising fear water will run out
- 6 drastic plans Trump is already promising for a second term
- The coming California megastorm
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
The Jackson Dinsdale Art Center, which opened Aug. 16, 2016, was made possible by a $5 million donation from Jackson Dinsdale announced by his parents.
Information from: Hastings Tribune, http://www.hastingstribune.com