GRAND CANYON NATIONAL PARK, Ariz. (AP) — The Grand Canyon’s North Rim soon will be open for the season.
The lodge, campground, bookstore, gas station and other amenities at the more remote North Rim close for several months each year.
They’re set to reopen May 15.
The Grand Canyon says businesses on the Kaibab Plateau, from Jacob Lake to the park boundary, also will reopen then.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Norwegians spot Viking ship buried in the ground
- Dutch art sleuth recovers Picasso stolen 20 years ago
- 'Total bombshell': Trump administration seeking full repeal of Obamacare
- Key take-aways from special counsel Robert Mueller’s report
- Witness describes death plunge of two Yosemite climbers
Visiting the Grand Canyon will be a little more costly starting June 1. The price is rising from $30 to $35 per vehicle for a seven-day pass.