GRAND CANYON NATIONAL PARK, Ariz. (AP) — The Grand Canyon’s North Rim soon will be open for the season.
The lodge, campground, bookstore, gas station and other amenities at the more remote North Rim close for several months each year.
They’re set to reopen May 15.
The Grand Canyon says businesses on the Kaibab Plateau, from Jacob Lake to the park boundary, also will reopen then.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- You downloaded FaceApp. Here's what you've just done to your privacy.
- 'Manholes' are out as Berkeley removes gender-specific language from city code
- California officers reunite 250-pound tortoise with owners
- Nesting penguins can't resist lure of New Zealand sushi shop
- Plan to slow Western wildfires would clear strips of land
Visiting the Grand Canyon will be a little more costly starting June 1. The price is rising from $30 to $35 per vehicle for a seven-day pass.