LA GRANDE, Ore. (AP) — Oregon Gov. Kate Brown signed a bill in La Grande that allocates $9 million for a new field house at Eastern Oregon University.
The La Grande Observer reports the field house will feature a six-lane track, and include space for outdoor sports teams to practice in winter. The facility will also be an integral part of the Physical Activity and Health Degree program and be open to the public.
University president Tom Insko thanked the governor Saturday for getting the project funded during the short legislative session.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Iraq broils in dangerous 120-degree heat as power grid shuts down
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Clu Gulager, rugged character actor of film and TV, dies at 93
- Russian men, dying in war, leave many families sad, angry and silent
- Flooding washes away Kentucky coal country stalwarts
Information from: The (La Grande) Observer, http://www.lagrandeobserver.com/