RICHMOND, Va. (AP) — Gov. Ralph Northam has picked a new public schools superintendent.
Northam announced Thursday he was appointing James Lane as Virginia’s superintendent of public instruction.
Lane is currently the superintendent of Chesterfield County’s public school system. Chesterfield is the state’s fifth largest school division. Lane had previously been superintendent in Goochland County and Middlesex County.
Steve Staples retired as state superintendent in January.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Donald Trump indicted; expected to surrender next week WATCH
- Hawaii authorities say 33 swimmers were harassing dolphins WATCH
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Probiotic supplements may do the opposite of boosting your gut health
- Marjorie Taylor Greene’s Twitter feed suspended over anti-trans tweets