MIAMI (AP) — Celebrity chef Gordon Ramsay cooked up a unique dish while filming in Florida: Burmese python.
Ramsay joined Kyle Penniston of Miami on July 15 to hunt invasive pythons in the Everglades for an upcoming episode of his competitive-cooking television variety show “The F Word with Gordon Ramsay.”
Penniston hunts pythons for the South Florida Water Management District , the state agency that oversees Everglades restoration. Researchers say pythons are decimating populations of native mammals that live in the vast wetlands.
According to a statement Tuesday from the district, Ramsay and his son, Jack, helped Penniston kill three pythons in western Miami-Dade County.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- Jan. 6 witness Anthony Ornato is at the center of a battle over credibility
- 'Stay tuned' for new evidence against Trump in July hearings
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- The 20-somethings who help the 70-somethings run Washington
The district says Ramsay cooked one python alongside a levee in a portable oven. Penniston said it was an honor to have his first taste of python cooked by Ramsay.