BOSTON (AP) — A Republican lawmaker has entered the race for state treasurer in Massachusetts.
State Rep. Keiko Orrall, of Lakeville, announced Tuesday that she will run for the GOP nomination to take on incumbent Democratic Treasurer Deb Goldberg in November.
Orrall is a former school teacher who was first elected to the House in 2011. She promised to pursue “fiscally conservative policies,” if elected treasurer.
She said in a statement that she would be the first woman of Asian-American descent to run for a constitutional office at the Statehouse.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- In Malibu, Woolsey Fire claims celebrities' homes
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- France strikes back against Trump, emphasizing a lack of 'common decency'
- California fire has claimed 63 as missing list grows to 631 WATCH
- Sheriff: California wildfire's death toll rises to 48 WATCH
Orrall was elected by the GOP in 2016 to serve as the Republican National Committeewoman from Massachusetts.