GOODYEAR, Ariz. (AP) — A charter school in a Phoenix suburb that closed abruptly says it has had financial difficulties for the past few years.
Goodyear students and parents discovered the news when they arrived to Discovery Creemos Academy Tuesday and found the doors still shut.
In an online letter signed “School Leadership,” officials added that some staff members hadreceived online threats and one school leader’s home was targeted.
According to GreatSchools, the school served about 450 kindergarten to eighth grade students.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- White House attempts to clarify Trump's response to whether Russia is still targeting US elections
- Tale of sex, deception emerges about suspected Russian agent
- In India, summer heat could soon be unbearable — literally
- Trump says Air Force One to get red, white and blue makeover
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
Avondale Elementary School District has agreed to take on former Creemos students quickly.
The Arizona State Board for Charter Schools says it will consider banning the charter holder from operating any other charter school in the state.