GOODYEAR, Ariz. (AP) — A charter school in a Phoenix suburb that closed abruptly says it has had financial difficulties for the past few years.
Goodyear students and parents discovered the news when they arrived to Discovery Creemos Academy Tuesday and found the doors still shut.
In an online letter signed “School Leadership,” officials added that some staff members hadreceived online threats and one school leader’s home was targeted.
According to GreatSchools, the school served about 450 kindergarten to eighth grade students.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
- In war, as with California wildfires, heroism lives next to horror
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
Avondale Elementary School District has agreed to take on former Creemos students quickly.
The Arizona State Board for Charter Schools says it will consider banning the charter holder from operating any other charter school in the state.