SHAWNEE, Kan. (AP) — Two people are OK after escaping an early-morning fire in a Kansas suburb of Kansas City, thanks to the fast actions of a person passing by.
The fire broke out early Saturday at a home in Shawnee. Fire officials say a person passing by saw the fire and alerted the residents.
Fire crews rescued a cat but were unable to save the family dog.
Fire officials believe a wood burning stove in the garage caused the fire.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Bezos lashes out at Biden over call for lowering of gas prices
- 'Stay tuned' for new evidence against Trump in July hearings
- Jan. 6 witness Anthony Ornato is at the center of a battle over credibility
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- An excavation in the sea depths recovers Hercules from the afterlife