SAN FRANCISCO (AP) — Police say a man is in critical condition with life-threatening injuries after he was set on fire in a San Francisco alley.
The San Francisco Police Department says a Good Samaritan walking in the city’s Mission District doused the man with water she fetched from a nearby cafe around 10:30 a.m. Tuesday.
Police say the man has significant injuries, which have prevented him from talking to investigators. Police say no witnesses have been located who saw the start of the fire and they have not identified a cause.
SFPD spokeswoman Grace Gatpandan said investigators are asking residences and businesses in the bustling neighborhood for any video from surveillance cameras that captured the incident or for witnesses to call police.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- As nations decide to live with the virus, some disease experts warn of surrendering too soon
- Census memo cites ‘unprecedented’ meddling by Trump administration
- Eastern U.S. socked by winter storm