BUFFALO, N.Y. (AP) — The Goo Goo Dolls’ Robby Takac is helping people struggling with addiction pursue healing through music.
The Buffalo-born rocker announced a collaboration Friday between his Music is Art organization and the Blues Society of Western New York. Together, they will expand access to the Nurs’n Blues Program, which was created by a western New York nurse and musician, Patti Parks, about three years ago.
The program uses music therapy to help clients address self-esteem issues and improve coping skills.
Takac says the program fits in with his group’s goals of putting music in the forefront in the community.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Goodbye passport stamps, hello biometrics: Customs is getting faster
- California sinkhole swallows third car as drivers ignore 'ROAD CLOSED' sign
- Deer could be a reservoir of old coronavirus variants, study suggests
- Do rapid COVID tests still work?
- Oregon kidnapping suspect dies of self-inflicted gunshot