DECATUR, Ala. (AP) — Four north Alabama firefighters were taken to hospitals for heat-related illnesses as they battled an explosive fire at a golf cart dealership.
All the firefighters are expected to recover.
News outlets report that Decatur firefighters were called out early Friday morning to battle a blaze that began among vehicles parked outside at Decatur Golf Carts.
The blaze spread to carts in a warehouse, destroying dozens as batteries exploded, with the fight continuing for hours.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Colin Powell dies, trailblazing general stained by Iraq
- Moderna vs. Pfizer: Both knockouts, but one seems to have the edge
- Colin Powell, warrior and statesman, dies of COVID complications
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- Ted Cruz called an Australian vaccine mandate 'tyranny.' Then came the stinging response
Officials say the building will have to be demolished because the fire destroyed its structural integrity.
Lt. Stacy Rose says the fire’s cause is being investigated, but arson is not currently suspected.