DECATUR, Ala. (AP) — Four north Alabama firefighters were taken to hospitals for heat-related illnesses as they battled an explosive fire at a golf cart dealership.
All the firefighters are expected to recover.
News outlets report that Decatur firefighters were called out early Friday morning to battle a blaze that began among vehicles parked outside at Decatur Golf Carts.
The blaze spread to carts in a warehouse, destroying dozens as batteries exploded, with the fight continuing for hours.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- 3 dead, 4 hospitalized in suspected drug overdose
- Trapped at a waterfall, they sent an SOS message in a water bottle and were rescued
- Missing Camp Pendleton Marine found safe at Texas rest stop
- Women leave Montana town over border agency lawsuit backlash
- He went underwater to propose to his girlfriend, but he didn't live to hear her say 'yes'
Officials say the building will have to be demolished because the fire destroyed its structural integrity.
Lt. Stacy Rose says the fire’s cause is being investigated, but arson is not currently suspected.