ZEPHYRHILLS, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a Florida man was killed when his go-kart was struck by a pickup truck.
The Tampa Bay Times reports that the Florida Highway Patrol says 64-year-old Harold S. Dupree’s pickup truck struck the back of 27-year-old Cody J. Liller’s small motorized vehicle Sunday evening, propelling the go-kart off the road and onto the road shoulder in Zephyrhills.
Liller was pronounced dead at the hospital. The Florida Highway Patrol says he wasn’t wearing a helmet at the time of the crash.
Troopers haven’t released further details about the cause of the crash or the investigation. It’s unclear if any charges will be filed.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Commentary | What’s behind Melania Trump’s ‘I really don’t care, do u’ jacket?
- Crying Honduran girl on cover of Time was not separated from her mother
- British royal family is welcoming its first same-sex marriage
- Justices adopt digital-age privacy rules to track cellphones
- Melania Trump dons 'I really don't care, do u?' jacket
Information from: Tampa Bay Times (St. Petersburg, Fla.), http://www.tampabay.com.