ZEPHYRHILLS, Fla. (AP) — Authorities say a Florida man was killed when his go-kart was struck by a pickup truck.
The Tampa Bay Times reports that the Florida Highway Patrol says 64-year-old Harold S. Dupree’s pickup truck struck the back of 27-year-old Cody J. Liller’s small motorized vehicle Sunday evening, propelling the go-kart off the road and onto the road shoulder in Zephyrhills.
Liller was pronounced dead at the hospital. The Florida Highway Patrol says he wasn’t wearing a helmet at the time of the crash.
Troopers haven’t released further details about the cause of the crash or the investigation. It’s unclear if any charges will be filed.
Most Read Stories
- Seattle federal prosecutor Thomas Wales was possibly killed by hired gunman, FBI official says
- Drinking alcohol key to living past 90, study says
- 'It's not going to warm up': Record-breaking cold in Olympia, Bellingham as chill lingers
- See how Mount Rainier glaciers have vanished over time, with this eye-opening photo project
- Report: NBA and Kevin Durant are coming back to Seattle ... for a Warriors-Kings preseason game
Information from: Tampa Bay Times (St. Petersburg, Fla.), http://www.tampabay.com.