PEORIA, Ariz. (AP) — Authorities say a motorized hang glider has crashed in Peoria and the pilot has been injured.
Peoria Fire Department officials say the accident occurred around 6:30 a.m. Sunday near Pleasant Valley Airport, south of Lake Pleasant.
They say the pilot reported an unknown mechanical problem shortly after takeoff and his glider spun to the ground.
The man was taken to a hospital for treatment of minor injuries.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- If you win tonight's huge Mega Millions jackpot, here's what to do next
- Saudi government acknowledges Khashoggi was killed while visiting Saudi consulate
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- This major discovery upends long-held theories about the Maya civilization
- To defend Trump, conservatives smear journalist presumed dead
Authorities didn’t immediately release the pilot’s name and age.