PEORIA, Ariz. (AP) — Authorities say a motorized hang glider has crashed in Peoria and the pilot has been injured.
Peoria Fire Department officials say the accident occurred around 6:30 a.m. Sunday near Pleasant Valley Airport, south of Lake Pleasant.
They say the pilot reported an unknown mechanical problem shortly after takeoff and his glider spun to the ground.
The man was taken to a hospital for treatment of minor injuries.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A North Carolina teen didn't come home. An iPhone app led her mother to a ravine.
- Massive blackout hits tens of millions in South America VIEW
- Severed head of prehistoric wolf found in Siberia, perfectly preserved
- U.S. buries digital land mines to menace Russia’s power grid
- A Chicago man died after the family took him off life support. Then he walked through the door.
Authorities didn’t immediately release the pilot’s name and age.