PEORIA, Ariz. (AP) — Authorities say a motorized hang glider has crashed in Peoria and the pilot has been injured.
Peoria Fire Department officials say the accident occurred around 6:30 a.m. Sunday near Pleasant Valley Airport, south of Lake Pleasant.
They say the pilot reported an unknown mechanical problem shortly after takeoff and his glider spun to the ground.
The man was taken to a hospital for treatment of minor injuries.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Dog that waited weeks in ruins of California wildfire is reunited with owner WATCH
- Justices won't hear states' appeal over Planned Parenthood
- Yukon trapper shoots attacking grizzly — then finds his family already mauled to death
- Need a transplant? You’ll need to prove you can pay costs
- Trump blames lawyer Michael Cohen for hush money 'liability'
Authorities didn’t immediately release the pilot’s name and age.