PEORIA, Ariz. (AP) — Authorities say a motorized hang glider has crashed in Peoria and the pilot has been injured.
Peoria Fire Department officials say the accident occurred around 6:30 a.m. Sunday near Pleasant Valley Airport, south of Lake Pleasant.
They say the pilot reported an unknown mechanical problem shortly after takeoff and his glider spun to the ground.
The man was taken to a hospital for treatment of minor injuries.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- California parents of 13 plead guilty to torture, abuse VIEW
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- India orders 'staggering' eviction of 1 million indigenous people
- Year in space put US astronaut's disease defenses on alert
- Man's shooting-range wedding proposal was right on target
Authorities didn’t immediately release the pilot’s name and age.