LOS ANGELES (AP) — Gladys Knight is asking God to look after one of her beloved band members who has died.
Knight and her brother, Merald “Bubba” Knight, released a statement Sunday about Pips member William Guest, who died last week at 74 of congestive heart failure.
“We have lost many along the way; Edward Patten, Eleanor Guest, and now William Guest,” Gladys Knight said. “We tried using our gifts of music in a way that would be pleasing to God. Please, take care of their journeys home and I say thank you Lord for a long and wonderful ride.”
Merald Knight said Guest was “more like a ‘big’ brother to me than a distant cousin.”
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A giant red hamster wheel washed up on a Florida beach. And a man was inside
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- Former US Sen. Barbara Boxer assaulted, robbed in California
- Man pleads guilty to 4 Asian spa killings, sentenced to life
- Trans model makes Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover history: 'If you don't like it, you can go somewhere else'
“From day one, when the Pips were formed, we were two Road Warriors, succeeding against the odds of the show business,” Knight said.