TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — Pima County Sheriff’s officials say an assistant girls’ basketball coach at Tucson’s Cienega High School has been arrested on suspicion of sexual conduct with a minor.
They say 37-year-old Senecca Turner was taken into custody Thursday.
It’s unclear if he has a lawyer yet.
Sheriff’s officials say school administrators notified Cienega’s resource officer about a possible inappropriate relationship between a student and a school staff member.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Boeing 787 flight reaches 801 mph as a furious jet stream packs record-breaking speeds
- Peter Tork, endearingly offbeat bassist and singer in the Monkees, dies at 77 VIEW
- Rare snow dusts Vegas strip, sticks to LA-area foothills VIEW
- 'I ruined my life. I ruined my future': Two American wives of ISIS militants want to come home
- US: Alabama woman who joined Islamic State is not a citizen
Investigators were told there were indications Turner had sent explicit messages to a 17-year-old female student.
During the course of the investigation, police say detectives developed information that led to probable cause for Turner’s arrest.