TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — Pima County Sheriff’s officials say an assistant girls’ basketball coach at Tucson’s Cienega High School has been arrested on suspicion of sexual conduct with a minor.
They say 37-year-old Senecca Turner was taken into custody Thursday.
It’s unclear if he has a lawyer yet.
Sheriff’s officials say school administrators notified Cienega’s resource officer about a possible inappropriate relationship between a student and a school staff member.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Homeless Samaritan tale raised $400K. Police say it's a lie
- CNN's Acosta back at White House after judge's ruling VIEW
- Inmate's last words: 'Is it supposed to feel like that?'
- Fire deaths rise to 71 ahead of Trump's California visit WATCH
- CIA concludes Saudi crown prince ordered Khashoggi's assassination
Investigators were told there were indications Turner had sent explicit messages to a 17-year-old female student.
During the course of the investigation, police say detectives developed information that led to probable cause for Turner’s arrest.