TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — Pima County Sheriff’s officials say an assistant girls’ basketball coach at Tucson’s Cienega High School has been arrested on suspicion of sexual conduct with a minor.
They say 37-year-old Senecca Turner was taken into custody Thursday.
It’s unclear if he has a lawyer yet.
Sheriff’s officials say school administrators notified Cienega’s resource officer about a possible inappropriate relationship between a student and a school staff member.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- U.S. Naval Academy: New hair rules don't apply to midshipmen
- Nation's new aircraft carrier enters next phase at shipyard
- Trump questions US intel, not Putin, on Russia 2016 meddling WATCH
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Lava crashes through roof of Hawaii tour boat, injuring 23
Investigators were told there were indications Turner had sent explicit messages to a 17-year-old female student.
During the course of the investigation, police say detectives developed information that led to probable cause for Turner’s arrest.