TUCSON, Ariz. (AP) — Pima County Sheriff’s officials say an assistant girls’ basketball coach at Tucson’s Cienega High School has been arrested on suspicion of sexual conduct with a minor.
They say 37-year-old Senecca Turner was taken into custody Thursday.
It’s unclear if he has a lawyer yet.
Sheriff’s officials say school administrators notified Cienega’s resource officer about a possible inappropriate relationship between a student and a school staff member.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Owner of 3D-printed gun company accused of sex with minor
- New round of US-China tariffs raise fears of an economic Cold War
- Trump Jr. mocks sexual assault claim against Kavanaugh
- Grizzly's rare aggressive attack kills 1, puzzles officials
- Kavanaugh's accuser wants FBI probe before she testifies WATCH
Investigators were told there were indications Turner had sent explicit messages to a 17-year-old female student.
During the course of the investigation, police say detectives developed information that led to probable cause for Turner’s arrest.