PROVO, Utah (AP) — The girlfriend of a Utah man accused of killing two teenagers and dropping their bodies down a mine shaft has been arrested on suspicion of obstruction of justice.
Utah County authorities say 34-year-old Morgan Reannon Henderson, of Mammoth, was booked into the county jail Friday after she previously was held in Sanpete County on unrelated criminal allegations involving drugs and weapons.
Her boyfriend, 41-year-old Jerrod William Baum, has been arrested on suspicion of aggravated murder and other charges in the December stabbing deaths of 18-year-old Riley Powell and 17-year-old Brelynne “Breezy” Otteson.
Authorities say the Eureka teens were stabbed to death because they visited Henderson whom Baum had warned not to have male visitors.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Here's the difference between N95 and KN95 masks, and how to spot a fake
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
- As nations decide to live with the virus, some disease experts warn of surrendering too soon
- Popular TV anchor catches COVID for a second time: 'This virus is scary'
- Tonga volcano's eruption was so forceful, it may have helped clear Seattle's fog
Police say Henderson led authorities to the mine after previously denying knowing the teens’ whereabouts.
It’s not clear whether Henderson has an attorney who could comment on the allegations.