PROVO, Utah (AP) — The girlfriend of a Utah man accused of killing two teenagers and dropping their bodies down a mine shaft has been arrested on suspicion of obstruction of justice.
Utah County authorities say 34-year-old Morgan Reannon Henderson, of Mammoth, was booked into the county jail Friday after she previously was held in Sanpete County on unrelated criminal allegations involving drugs and weapons.
Her boyfriend, 41-year-old Jerrod William Baum, has been arrested on suspicion of aggravated murder and other charges in the December stabbing deaths of 18-year-old Riley Powell and 17-year-old Brelynne “Breezy” Otteson.
Authorities say the Eureka teens were stabbed to death because they visited Henderson whom Baum had warned not to have male visitors.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Florida athletes could be required to submit their menstrual history to schools
- Pentagon: Chinese spy balloon spotted over Western US
- Police now say no evidence of planned big Hollywood shooting
- Should you be worried about infection from eye drops?
- Can a trillion-dollar coin break the debt gridlock in Washington?
Police say Henderson led authorities to the mine after previously denying knowing the teens’ whereabouts.
It’s not clear whether Henderson has an attorney who could comment on the allegations.