ITALY, Texas (AP) — Officials say a 15-year-old girl shot at a North Texas high school is out of the hospital and back with her family a week after the shooting.
In social media postings, the Italy (IT’-lee) Independent School District says its students were told Monday that the girl is continuing her recovery with her family at an undisclosed location. The district says the family is optimistic about the girl’s recovery but asks for continued prayers for her.
Authorities have not released her name.
She was shot multiple times Jan. 22 in the Italy High School cafeteria. A 16-year-old boy who attended the school has been charged with aggravated assault with a deadly weapon. He remains in juvenile custody.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Why did a Russian pay $95M to buy Trump’s Palm Beach mansion?
- L.A. Times restaurant critic Jonathan Gold loved food and his city, was beloved by readers
- Portland woman swerves off cliff and survives 7 days trapped on a secluded California beach
- Documents used to wiretap Trump ex-adviser Carter Page disclosed
- Hundreds at vigils mourn victims of Branson boat accident WATCH
Italy is 42 miles (68 kilometers) south of Dallas and has about 1,900 residents.