OCALA, Fla. (AP) — A 3-year-old girl who swallowed a thumbtack while at an Ocala day care center is home from the hospital.
The Ocala Star-Banner (http://bit.ly/1On3gPY ) reports Honesty Eads is resting at home following her release from UF Health Shands Hospital in Gainesville. She was injured when she swallowed thumbtack Dec. 21 while she was at Precious Children Pre-School at Kingdom Christian Academy.
The little girl was taken to an Ocala hospital where a doctor was able to remove the thumbtack. She was then transferred to Shands.
The Ocala Police Department continues to investigate.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Forced to play in 'panties,' the Norwegian beach handball team decided they'd had enough
- Should vaccinated people start wearing masks again?
- A Grizzly Bear Terrorized a Man for Days in Alaska. The Coast Guard Saw His SOS.
- Trans model makes Sports Illustrated swimsuit cover history: 'If you don't like it, you can go somewhere else'
- Why so many people have the worst summer cold ever
Information from: Ocala (Fla.) Star-Banner, http://www.starbanner.com/