BOISE, Idaho (AP) — A 4-year-old girl who died after a car erupted into flames in Boise has been identified by authorities who say both parents are in custody at the Ada County Jail.
The Ada County Coroner’s Office on Wednesday identified Alliee Rose as the girl who died April 10 in a Walmart parking lot.
A toddler sustained serious but non-life threatening injuries in the fire.
Boise police say the fire was likely caused by a portable heating device that’s believed to have been stolen from a local business. The 26-year-old father faces a felony burglary charge.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- If you win tonight's huge Mega Millions jackpot, here's what to do next
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- Todd Bol, founder of Little Free Library book sharing, dies
- As NASA's prized telescopes falter, astronomers fear losing their eyes in space
- Audio offers gruesome details of Khashoggi killing, Turkish official says
Police also say the toddler who survived was found to be in the presence of controlled substances. The 31-year-old mother is charged with felony injury to a child.