CENTRAL POINT, Ore. (AP) — A 13-year-old girl has died after being found on the side of a road in southern Oregon.
Sgt. Julie Denney of the Jackson County Sheriff’s Office says a passer-by found the injured girl Monday on a road between the towns of Rogue River and Wimer. She was pronounced dead at a hospital.
Denney says investigators are still trying to determine what happened, but says there’s a “high likelihood” the girl was hit by a vehicle or something attached to a vehicle.
Those who saw what happened or have a surveillance camera that records traffic on East Evans Creek Road are asked to call authorities.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- FBI searched Trump's home in part to look for nuclear documents, sources say
- A child abductee's journey back
- Author Salman Rushdie attacked on lecture stage in New York
- Historians privately warn Biden that America's democracy is teetering
- A dog was missing. Cavers found her two months later 500 feet underground
The girl’s name has not been released.