PERRIS, Calif. (AP) — A 9-year-old girl has died after being from pulled from a Southern California lake.
The Southern California News Group reports the girl was reported missing shortly after 5 p.m. Monday at Lake Perris State Recreation Area.
Parks official John Rowe says lifeguards and state parks scuba divers searched the water for about 50 minutes before finding the girl.
She was taken to a hospital but died.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Deadly fungus spread rapidly during the pandemic, CDC says
- It’s massive. It’s Trumpian. And now it’s mysteriously missing
- Tourism agency apologizes after sexualizing Canadian city's name WATCH
- Former TV star, now a chicken 'rescuer,' found not guilty of Foster Farms theft
- Sports on TV & radio: Local listings for Seattle games and events
The girl had last been seen in Power Cove, a non-swimming area for boating.
Information from: The Sun, http://www.sbsun.com