PERRIS, Calif. (AP) — A 9-year-old girl has died after being from pulled from a Southern California lake.
The Southern California News Group reports the girl was reported missing shortly after 5 p.m. Monday at Lake Perris State Recreation Area.
Parks official John Rowe says lifeguards and state parks scuba divers searched the water for about 50 minutes before finding the girl.
She was taken to a hospital but died.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- A grandma knew she was being scammed, so she decided to swindle the swindler
- Single word sparks crossfire between Supreme Court, NPR and its star reporter Nina Totenberg
- Omicron’s spread could end ‘emergency phase’ of pandemic, world health official says
- An old Virginia plantation, a new owner and a family legacy unveiled
- COVID-19 tests: Different types and when to use them
The girl had last been seen in Power Cove, a non-swimming area for boating.
Information from: The Sun, http://www.sbsun.com