GILBERT, Ariz. (AP) — Authorities say the death of a man who was lying across railroad tracks and fatally struck by a train in Gilbert is being investigated as a possible suicide.
The name of the 56-year-old man wasn’t immediately released Thursday.
Police say the man was struck at the railroad crossing south of Baseline Road about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday.
They say all railway safety measures were functioning properly when the incident occurred.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Smollett developments leave some baffled, others outraged
- Obama quietly gives advice to 2020 Democrats, but no endorsement
- He threw away a napkin at a hockey game. It was used to charge him in a 1993 murder.
- Coalition of states sues Trump over national-emergency declaration to build border wall
- Sailor in iconic V-J Day Times Square kiss photo dies at 95
Police say the man’s death remains under investigation.