GILBERT, Ariz. (AP) — Authorities say the death of a man who was lying across railroad tracks and fatally struck by a train in Gilbert is being investigated as a possible suicide.
The name of the 56-year-old man wasn’t immediately released Thursday.
Police say the man was struck at the railroad crossing south of Baseline Road about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday.
They say all railway safety measures were functioning properly when the incident occurred.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Harriet Tubman is already appearing on $20 bills whether Trump officials like it or not
- A 102-year-old woman is being evicted so the landlords' daughter can move in
- In Baltimore and other cities, a stolen NSA tool wreaks havoc
- Hawaii woman missing for 2 weeks rescued from Maui forest VIEW
- Anna the anaconda got pregnant all by herself — by 'virgin birth'
Police say the man’s death remains under investigation.