GILBERT, Ariz. (AP) — Authorities say the death of a man who was lying across railroad tracks and fatally struck by a train in Gilbert is being investigated as a possible suicide.
The name of the 56-year-old man wasn’t immediately released Thursday.
Police say the man was struck at the railroad crossing south of Baseline Road about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday.
They say all railway safety measures were functioning properly when the incident occurred.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- If you win tonight's huge Mega Millions jackpot, here's what to do next
- Saudi government acknowledges Khashoggi was killed while visiting Saudi consulate
- Did you see that painting hanging behind Trump during ‘60 Minutes’ interview? Here's what we know about it
- To defend Trump, conservatives smear journalist presumed dead
- Justice Department charges Russian woman with interference in midterm elections
Police say the man’s death remains under investigation.