GILBERT, Ariz. (AP) — Authorities say the death of a man who was lying across railroad tracks and fatally struck by a train in Gilbert is being investigated as a possible suicide.
The name of the 56-year-old man wasn’t immediately released Thursday.
Police say the man was struck at the railroad crossing south of Baseline Road about 10:30 p.m. Wednesday.
They say all railway safety measures were functioning properly when the incident occurred.
Most Read Nation & World Stories
- Trump said he thinks 'the people would revolt' if he were impeached
- 'Dirty deeds': Ex-Trump lawyer Cohen gets 3 years in prison
- As probe closes in, Trump distances himself from Cohen
- Delta says no more support kittens, puppies on flights
- Some link depression, failed LASIK
Police say the man’s death remains under investigation.